New technological innovations appear in the world that can simplify a person’s life, make it more practical, diverse or bright. For example, the Internet, which has entered so rapidly into our lives. Now you can use it to make purchases, chat with friends, share photos, or use an online youtube converter, which helps you listen to your favorite tracks while the screen is off.
But progress doesn’t stop there. Adaptations appear in the world that at the moment may seem useless or ridiculous to us. But years will pass, and we will not imagine our life without them. New items concern not only specific gadgets, but all areas of our life.
People are afraid of violation of freedoms, manipulation and lack of demand due to the fact that technology will replace a person, as well as deliberately restricting access to goods. But real innovation allows you to go beyond the narrow reality, although in this process mistakes and difficulties occur. How does this happen?
The Internet and technology generally provide a more equal opportunity than anything that has come before in business and learning. You can be claimed in your work with leading companies all over the world, you can have significant physical limitations and still engage in entrepreneurship and raise investments for your cool idea. By creating in-demand content on TikTok or YouTube, you can learn almost anything for free.
Technology is already giving us jobs and intellectual opportunities. The number of information workers, that is, everyone who earns by mental activity, is growing rapidly in the world and reached a billion people a year ago, and this is thanks to automation, robotization and the introduction of artificial intelligence.
In the near future, AI will make even more visible strides in healthcare and biomedical research, security, entertainment, business and people-to-government relations, education, manufacturing and distribution logistics, ecology, content moderation and the fight against fakes.
In addition, artificial intelligence is able to transform a person: to give him new knowledge where the human brain is no longer able to analyze information and identify connections between data and events, including about the brain itself and the human body. It will also spur intellectual development: people will be involved in truly complex intellectual activity and decision-making, working with much more complex systems and data. In such a complex activity, specialists of different profiles will interact, and artificial intelligence will help predict the impact of various events and solve problems.
Limitation of Freedom
If we consider manipulation, the distribution of certain content on social networks or the use of artificial intelligence to keep the user in the application, then the problem can be solved by removing the application or turning on critical thinking.
Companies that collect data are also increasingly asked for more transparency about what data they collect, how they store it, use it, and how the algorithms work.
Of course, no one wants total surveillance even under the plausible pretext of increasing security. The social scoring system also raises questions. Nor do we want technologies that can affect people’s freedoms to fall into the wrong hands. There are negative examples, but this does not mean that they cannot be adjusted in the future. History knew the tightening of screws, the flourishing of freedoms, and the work on mistakes.
High Technologies of the Future
Among the new technologies, there are some that are not yet very popular, but they have a future. Among them are:
- robots for caring for pets are a very convenient thing designed for regular feeding of a pet during the absence of the owner. It is a storage container and a bowl. The essence of the work is that after a certain period of time a certain amount of food is poured into the bowl;
- the city of the future – its main idea is that all houses are interconnected by a single intelligent energy supply system. Energy comes from solar panels. All incoming electricity is accumulated in special batteries and distributed proportionally among all residents;
- ecological construction. Everyone knows that construction has a negative impact on the environment. Therefore, American scientists have developed a new technology that allows you to build houses using environmentally friendly materials and modern technologies;
- cruise control. Thanks to a special sensor, which is installed on the bumper grille, it became possible to recognize the cars driving in front and control the distance between them, due to this, the driver can be less stressed while driving;
- electric cars are a brilliant discovery of the modern century. Thanks to electric vehicles, the emission of negative emissions into the atmosphere will be reduced. This improves the state of the environment. In addition, the car is very economical and has a lot of additional advantages.
In the 21st century, technologies are developing so quickly that what seems amazing today will be common tomorrow. We can only hope that humanity will be able to use with dignity all the privileges of our future.